Please note: Etiquette Pictures releases are being discontinued. We will sell out the remaining stock that we have on hand and we will not repress further units. Get them while you still can.
HANGS UPON NOTHING documents the lives of surfers: Chuck Corbett who wandered his way to the remote atolls of Kiribati, brothers Mikala and Daniel Jones whose adventures take them to the far corners of the Indonesian archipelago, alongside a local crew of teenage surfers coming of age amongst the surf mecca of Bali. Their intertwined journeys are bound by an unending quest to find and ride perfect waves.
First-time filmmaker, Jeremy Rumas’ HANGS UPON NOTHING, is as much a celebration of surfing as it is a stunningly beautiful exploration of mystical cultures where modern technology and millennia of history intersect. Shot entirely on 16mm film using a mechanical spring-wound Bolex, over the course of seven years, and featuring an ethereal original score by Rumas’ band, Velo Sun, HANG UPON NOTHING is a sensory journey of finding freedom in barreling waves.
Directed by: Jeremy Rumas
2016 / 91 minutes / Color / 1.66:1
Featuring: Mikala Jones, Daniel Jones, Timmy Turner, Chuck Corbett, Darmayasa Bleronk, Darmaputra Tonjo…
- REGION FREE BLU-RAY/DVD COMBO
- COMMENTARY TRACK WITH DIRECTOR JEREMY RUMAS
- “ABOUT NOTHING” – MAKING OF FEATURETTE
- “SURF CELLULOID” – TECHNICAL FEATURETTE
- MULTIPLE TRAILERS
- EXTENSIVE STILLS GALLERY
- ENGLISH SDH SUBTITLES
- QUALITY RECYCLED STOCK PACKAGING AND SLIPCASE
Directed by: Javier Aquirre
Starring: Paul Naschy, Rosanna Yanni, Haydee Politoff, Mirta Miller, Ingrid Garbo, Alvaro de Luna
1973 / 83 minutes / Color / 1.85:1
- All extras on both formats
- Region free Blu-ray and DVD combo pack
- Scanned & restored in 2k from 35mm internegative
- Commentary track with director Javier Aguirre and lead actor Paul Naschy, moderated by Angel Gomez Rivero
- New video interview with actress Mirta Miller
- Includes both the English dub and original Spanish language soundtrack
- International theatrical trailer
- Still gallery
- English and Spanish subtitles
- Reversible cover artwork
Vinegar Syndrome releases a lot of cheesy films, and I tend not to be interested in most of those films. FADE TO BLACK is a straight up great little film, and has really great interviews/special features. Easily in the top 25 and probably top 10 of Vinegar Syndrome releases. Currently still available to get it with the above limited edition slipcover.
For the current sale price the above is a must own.
Also recommended are the following:
This one, SCANNER COP BOXSET, is not cheap, but you are getting your money’s worth with this feature rich release.
Speaking of feature rich boxsets, this is another must own.
If you found this post helpful, and you feel generous, please give a like, subscribe and/or become a Patreon supporter here! It is all greatly appreciated!